All of my friends who are both runners and have more than one child tried to tell me that even though I ran through 9 months with Gabriel it would be much harder to run with pregnancy # 2. Nah, I can do it. I went on a 2 mile run the day before I went into labor with Gabriel, I can do it...insert thanks to my dad here for granting me with stubbornness...I didn't believe them...they were totally right. This doesn't mean that I have stopped running, but after yesterday's 4 mile race I am beginning to soften my resolve to run 9 races in 9 months. I am not even that big yet and already it is quite uncomfortable to run. I spent the remainder of the day resting I was so worn out from the run and am incredibly sore and tired this morning (*sighs*).
So for now I will strive to keep running about 10 miles a week with a race each month, but I have also accepted the fact that at any point I may need to stop running and/or racing altogether. I am cool with that. I think.
As for the race, it took me about 51 minutes to run 4 miles (oh and PS Andy and I had to simulate the race because it was actually scheduled the Saturday where I spent the previous Friday in the hospital with all this kidney stone business, so I could not participate in real time...I ran the same course though, so as far as I am concerned it counts!). Look at my pitiful face, it says it all:
No comments:
Post a Comment