CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

7.15.2011

Potty Training: Day 1

Let me preface this by saying I have had a 101 fever with flu like symptoms (although I'm positive I don't actually have the flu) and have been laying in the bed most of yesterday and this morning, minus the hour I took to go to the doctor yesterday...all that to say I have not been of much assistance in this potty training experience, thank God for Andy Goodwin! 

The day started pretty uneventful. We had Gabriel go through his diaper drawer and throw out all of the diapers himself, then replaced them with all of his new big boy underwear. He's been acquainted with the potty for some time now, so we just added a few reminders and went along with the morning. His first accident was around 9:30am and Andy calmly explained as he rushed him to the bathroom what was going on and he seemed to understand (meaning he didn't cry or freak out). 

Throughout the day he had 5 more accidents, followed by a pee in the potty, a poop in the potty, and another pee in the potty. Success! I know he doesn't have it down pat, but the fact that he ended the day with no accidents before bed says a lot to me. What's even better? He woke up this morning with dry underwear! The method we are using strongly recommends not using pull ups for naptime or nighttime, and it worked. He even made his first pee in the potty as soon as he got up this morning! His reward was to help Andy make muffins for breakfast, you know how this kid loves to be in the kitchen :)

We are optimistic about the remaining two days. All in all the process has been less stressful than I anticipated...then again Andy is doing all the work while I lay in bed and moan :/ ... more updates tomorrow...


A few shots from today:


Emptying the diaper drawer...

Throwing the diapers away...for good!

SO excited to be in big boy underwear for the first time!

Checking out his underwear :)

No comments: