CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

7.07.2011

20 Weeks and It's a BOY!

We had our anatomy scan today both to ensure that the baby is developing on track AND of course to find out the sex of Baby Goodwin # 2...A BOY!!! We could not be more thrilled! We knew we were only going to have two kids, so the fact that we'll have brothers is awesome. Andy is already dreaming of all of the guy time he will have with Gabriel and baby brother (BBG2 we'll call him for now). We're also excited that we don't have to buy a single thing to prepare for this baby, we can re-use everything from Gabriel...even toys! (yay, no baby dolls or strollers to be mixed up in trucks and, well more trucks!). 

We haven't really discussed names, we were waiting to find out the sex first...it's always such a hard process. With Gabriel, we literally didn't make the final decision until he was in our arms...even if we do make a decision, however, we'll be keeping the name under wraps until the baby is born :).

We're happy to report that the baby is measuring "beautifully", as the doctor put it, and weighing in at 12 oz...seems so small to be half way! Here are a few shots of BBG2:




After we left the hospital, we celebrated by stopping by a place on the upper west side called Lansky's, a traditional Jewish Diner. Gabriel enjoyed knishes and frankfurters, Andy ordered sliders for the table, and I had a salad as well. A true NY celebration would not be complete without a stop by Magnolia Bakery for cupcakes. Gabriel picked out his, as did Andy and I, and we enjoyed them there in the little dining room. After all of the food and celebration it was time to walk it off, so we headed home.


Now, for my first official belly shot! (20 weeks)



I have been feeling the baby kick more and more, which is always exciting. I actually started feeling this one at 14 weeks, which is pretty remarkable considering it took me until 20 weeks to feel Gabriel...I hope this is not an indication of how out of shape I am compared to when I was pregnant with Gabriel! Speaking of, I have tried my best to keep running, about 3 days a week. I can usually get in around 12 miles for the week. I am much slower of course, but still out there. It definitely is more difficult/painful with this pregnancy, so it remains to be seen if I will be able to accomplish my one race for every month that I am pregnant. 

I have a check up next week, then the next month is the glucose test (yuck), and before long I will be in my third trimester! 

No comments: