We just returned from our Cape Cod, Mass vacation. I had hoped to post each day while we were traveling, but our internet card was not working. I'm not going to post everything in this one post, partly because it would be too long, and partly because, well I just don't have the attention span to write it all out in one sitting.
We left Monday morning for Fall River, Mass, which would serve as our home base for a day trip to Newport, RI and a day trip to Provincetown, Mass (Cape Cod). As things typically go when you are trying to get the car packed and ready to go, things do not go as they ordinarily would. For example: Gabriel slept until nearly 8:30 (we had hoped to get on the road at 8:30), Andy had to move the car for street cleaning before we were packed and ready to go, we had to remove our sink from the bathroom because some work was going to be done while we were gone, Gabriel threw up his breakfast right as I was about to walk out the door (that was fun to clean up)...you get the idea.
We finally go on the road a little after 10am. Thankfully the trip up to Fall River was uneventful and we were able to check in two hours early to our hotel. Nice. We decided to use the remainder of the day Monday to toodle around Providence, RI. We found an REI and Eastern Mountain Sports, where we found a great deal on a hiking pack for Gabriel which we used endlessly for the remainder of the trip! We rolled back into our hotel just in time for their manager's reception (wine and cheese!)...and yes, Andy and I had some wine :). We had some dinner in our room and put Gabriel to bed. All in all a good start to the vaca...
No comments:
Post a Comment