After six months of working back with CodeGreen after my maternity leave, I finally made the difficult decision to resign. Last Monday was my last day with CodeGreen, although I have offered to stay on as a consultant as needed. It has definitely been a challenge to balance work while caring for Gabriel full time, but I managed to make it work...until recently.
As Gabriel has become more mobile and active during the day (thus less naps!) I found it increasingly difficult to work from home, so Andy and I decided it was best for Gabriel and for me to devote my days to Gabriel. I am very much looking forward to giving him undivided attention instead of trying to squeeze emails, calls and project work in between naps and meals, but I know that I will miss working too. I loved the work I did with CodeGreen; I really felt like I was contributing to something much bigger than myself in promoting sustainability for our commercial environment...plus a little intelligent conversation and adult interaction was often the perfect respite from being mommy :)...
There is more to this story, happily. I have been offered a job teaching at NYU starting in the fall. I will be teaching 10 sessions of a "green" class for NYU's real estate school. I taught quite a few classes and seminars while at CodeGreen and always enjoyed them, so this seems like it will be the perfect fit for me right now. I have exact class days and times, so I can arrange care for Gabriel, I can stay plugged into the green industry, and I will gain experience in another realm of all things green. Needless to say I am very excited about this next chapter in my career.
Here's to a change of pace!
As Gabriel has become more mobile and active during the day (thus less naps!) I found it increasingly difficult to work from home, so Andy and I decided it was best for Gabriel and for me to devote my days to Gabriel. I am very much looking forward to giving him undivided attention instead of trying to squeeze emails, calls and project work in between naps and meals, but I know that I will miss working too. I loved the work I did with CodeGreen; I really felt like I was contributing to something much bigger than myself in promoting sustainability for our commercial environment...plus a little intelligent conversation and adult interaction was often the perfect respite from being mommy :)...
There is more to this story, happily. I have been offered a job teaching at NYU starting in the fall. I will be teaching 10 sessions of a "green" class for NYU's real estate school. I taught quite a few classes and seminars while at CodeGreen and always enjoyed them, so this seems like it will be the perfect fit for me right now. I have exact class days and times, so I can arrange care for Gabriel, I can stay plugged into the green industry, and I will gain experience in another realm of all things green. Needless to say I am very excited about this next chapter in my career.
Here's to a change of pace!
2 comments:
Cool Ashley...
How awesome! Very excited for you(Y'all) in your new role.
Post a Comment