Happy 10 months to my sweet baby Gabriel! Time is flying by, but we are enjoying every step...never wishing our days away. I am constantly amazed by his seemingly exponential relationship of age to development...the older he gets the quicker he learns new skills. These days he seems to do something new every day. Here are the highlights:
- turning the light on and off (and on and off and on and off)
- pressing the call box buttons (who knows who he has let in the building!)
- climbing & standing on everything (he can never be up high enough)
- emptying everything (but not filling it back up); cabinets, drawers, shelves, bags/boxes, etc
- doing the double wave "bye bye"
- playing his version of hide and go seek (he hides and you say "where's Gabriel?", and he pops out)
- turning pages of a book
- picking his nose :( (I thought they started doing this much later!); picking our noses...watch out for that finger!
- pointing at everything..he loves his pointer fingers and even "sword fights" with Daddy
- repetition...open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close...you get the picture
- more doggy time...Gabriel LOVES Laney and Tsali and they are oh so tolerant of his jabs and pulls
- he is up to 7 teeth
- he does not like sippy cups (or juice for that matter), but prefers to drink water out of an adult glass
- he has added spinach, lentils and plain (not Greek!) yogurt to his foods (plus we give him bits of what we are having like whole wheat pancakes for breakfast)
Below are some recent shots of Gabriel:
And finally, he is now completely finished with nursing...I thought I could make it to 12 months, but it just seemed like the right time to go ahead and wean him over the last month, both because of his disinterest and for my sanity...PS he does not seem to miss it and frankly neither do I! Onward and upward baby!
2 comments:
Such cute pics of darling baby Gabriel. It's hard to believe he's 10 months.
Love you, Mimi
I loved reading all of Gabriel's latest accomplishments and seeing his pics. He's getting so big and sorry, but I did have to giggle a little b/c he looks like he's becoming a little stinker! :) Enjoy your time with this sweet little guy...they grow so (too) fast!
Post a Comment