As you can probably imagine, I have been eager to resume my running since Gabriel was born. The last time I went running, albeit only one mile, was the day before I went into labor...that was nearly 7 weeks ago. So yesterday I had my 6-week check up with the doctor, and I had already planned to wear my running clothes to the appointment in anticipation of being able to run home. I'll be the first to admit that recovering from a c-section is a lot harder than I ever thought and for the first three weeks I had zero desire to hit the pavement; I was happy just to be able to get out of bed unassisted! But the past couple of weeks I noticed an all too familiar itch...the itch to get out and run!
So, back to my story. I walked to my doctor's appointment (don't be impressed, it is only 12 blocks!). When Dr. Shrivastava walked in she asked how I was doing and I said "Great...so great in fact I wore running clothes hoping you'll tell me I can run home". She laughed and said she had never had a patient do that before. So two minutes later she confirmed that I was indeed a-okay and had absolutely no restrictions on my running, or anything else for that matter. Yea! So I ran home and it felt great! [again don't be impressed, I actually would qualify the exercise as a sluggish jog, but whatever I was more than walking :)]...I had preemptively looked up some races before my appointment, and there is a 4-miler in Central Park towards the end of July, so my goal is to run that race and get back into the swing of things. I can't wait to take Gabriel running in his jogger!
Also - while I'm on here...today was Andy's last day of teaching and he is out for the summer - yay! Now the three of us get to spend the next two months doing whatever the heck we want :). We are really looking forward to the time we'll get to spend together as a family.
So, back to my story. I walked to my doctor's appointment (don't be impressed, it is only 12 blocks!). When Dr. Shrivastava walked in she asked how I was doing and I said "Great...so great in fact I wore running clothes hoping you'll tell me I can run home". She laughed and said she had never had a patient do that before. So two minutes later she confirmed that I was indeed a-okay and had absolutely no restrictions on my running, or anything else for that matter. Yea! So I ran home and it felt great! [again don't be impressed, I actually would qualify the exercise as a sluggish jog, but whatever I was more than walking :)]...I had preemptively looked up some races before my appointment, and there is a 4-miler in Central Park towards the end of July, so my goal is to run that race and get back into the swing of things. I can't wait to take Gabriel running in his jogger!
Also - while I'm on here...today was Andy's last day of teaching and he is out for the summer - yay! Now the three of us get to spend the next two months doing whatever the heck we want :). We are really looking forward to the time we'll get to spend together as a family.
2 comments:
That's great! I'm glad you were able to get a run in following your appointment. You're too much! :)
I can't believe you're already running :) you're crazy :) in a good way! That's awesome your body has healed and you're ready to get back out there...keep us all posted how the race goes!!
Post a Comment