CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

7.23.2012

Sunrise + Time to Go


I must preface this post my saying that I am extremely proud of myself for how I chose to start this, our last day in New York City. I looked up the sunrise time last night, 5:44am, so I set my alarm for 5:35am and, to even my surprise, I actually got up as soon as it went off. For those of you who know me best, I am NOT a morning person at all, so this is impressive, particularly at the end of an entire week of caring for the boys by myself. 

The boys woke up around 6am, so after breakfast and a little play time, we were out the door by 7am for one last exploration in Central Park. I love the City early in the morning, before things really get cranked up. There is a quiet that falls over Central Park West when all of the traffic lights turn red in succession, and for a brief moment it is still and you almost forget you are in the city that never sleeps. It is so simple, yet is one of my favorite things about the city.  

I took the boys to the Lake in Central Park, strolled to the South end from there, visited the Bandshell and the Mall, and finally Bethesda Fountain. It was the best way to spend our early morning, relaxing in the park. The rest of our day will be hectic and taxing with lots of last minute things to do to prepare for our flight to Denver tonight. See you on the other side, my friends!

























No comments: