CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

7.22.2012

Dinner with My Boys


Well, here I am, my last night in New York City. I am alone with my boys and feeling nostalgic and tearful. After naps, I decided to take Gabriel to his favorite playground, Mariner's, one more time. As I made my way through the park, everywhere I looked reminded me of the time spent there (road races, picnics, play dates, etc). As we neared Mariner's Gabriel asked "Mommy, are we going to our home?". Oy. "No, honey, we don't have the keys to our home anymore". "Why, Mommy?". "Because we don't live there anymore (through tears)". Once we got to the playground, though, and Gabriel began to play I was fine. 

After an hour or so, it was approaching dinner time so I decided to try and brave a dinner out by myself with the boys. We headed to Cilantro, one of our favorite local restaurants. Gabriel loves the chips and salsa here, which also serve as a nice babysitter! Judah is competent to sit in a high chair now, so as long as I kept the baby puffs coming he was content. We managed to get through the entire meal without incident! I was a little sad that Andy was not with us, but also enjoyed a dinner out with the boys as the way to spend my last night in NY. We headed back for bath and bedtime after dinner and wound down our final hours here. Bittersweet.




No comments: