CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

9.24.2011

Race # 7: The Fifth Avenue Mile

Yes, this race is exactly one mile, and yes I count it as a "race"! When in shape, I can run this race in a 6:55'ish  per mile pace. Not too shabby for recreational-runner-girl. Well being 7 months pregnant is quite another story, obviously. I didn't have any real expectations for this race other than to finish before the heat of runners behind me caught up! (about a 15 minute lapse of time)

Imagine my surprise when I crossed the finish line in 9:22! It must have been the spectators that I heard say "hey, let's cheer for the pregnant lady...whoo-hoo!!". I'm going to pretend the comment was not because I LOOKED like I needed cheering for :). I'm not so sure I looked as good as I felt afterwards either, as I walked through the bagel line, one worker looked at me in dismay and repeated "oh my gosh (looks from eye level to belly level twice) oh my gosh". Ooookkkkaaaaayyyy.  

So, only TWO more races to go! We topped off the morning with a really fun birthday party for one of Gabriel's friends, Hudson :). 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

9:22?? That is awesome for your "condition" Wow!

Luv Dad