It is rare these days that my sisters and I all get together, so since Steph moved to NYC last month and Laurel lives in PA 3 hours away, we decided to have a Girls Weekend! Saturday and Sunday we went just about non-stop, which was tiring but also really fun.
Saturday kicked off with my four mile race, then as soon as Laurel's train got into the City, we all headed off to see Clemson play (read: beat!) Auburn with the local Clemson Alumni club. Andy and Gabriel came along for the first half too, so that was even better! We ordered some sliders, enjoyed the game, and I even met up with an old friend from Clemson that I hadn't seen in years.
Next up, mani/pedi's at a local nail salon...in our own private room (nice find Steph!). I particularly enjoyed the extra leg massage :). We swung by Starbucks to revive and then headed to a local espresso and chocolate bar for some truffles, yum! After a quick trip to Whole Foods on the way home, Laurel and Steph made us all dinner (Thai food, one of my faves). We enjoyed dinner with Andy and Gabriel after being gone all day, then headed back out the door to see a show! "Love, Loss, and What I Wore" was the show, which was really funny and quite fitting for a Girls Weekend (picture 5 women all dressed in black sitting up on a stage monologue'ing about everything women go through in life). We ended the day at my apartment, sipping decaf and recapping the day. End of day one.
Day two! We had planned to all go to our church together, but Gabriel was a bit under the weather and I was e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d. from the day before, so we all slept in and opted to meet up for brunch at one of our favorite spots, Cilantro. Can you say stuffed French Toast? Just what this prego girl needed! After brunch, we walked through the Columbus Avenue Festival, bought a few things, shopped, and then on the way home stopped at a little Italian place that has a gelato window, Mmmmm. Finally it was time to wrap up the day, for Laurel to catch her train and for Steph to head into work. Whew!
Steph and Laurel really went all out to plan and execute the perfect weekend, I definitely needed it during this highly transitional phase of my life :). Thanks guys for an awesome weekend...now all we need is BBG2!
2 comments:
It was a great weekend. Im glad you enjoyed it!
Well, I'm playing catch up on reading blogs...I'm very behind! Anyway, I just enjoyed reading your last (many) posts! You guys are so much fun & so cool...and as always reading your blog makes me tired! ;) Gabriel is growing up so fast & is so smart & adorable!! Glad you enjoyed your girls weekend & you look so great!! :)
Post a Comment