CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

9.05.2011

Race # 5 (Finally): a 5k

Well since Irene thwarted by plans to run Race # 5 last weekend, I decided to make it up and run a 5k this morning. I have to admit that my intentions were not purely related to running...it's labor day and I want to indulge in some naughty food. So. Out the door I went this morning, with my "racing team" in tow (read Andy and Gabriel). Did I mention Andy had surgery 10 days ago? He is amazing.

The run actually felt pretty good, particularly compared to some of my recent runs. I was able to run the 3.1 miles in 30:48, which is a 9:56/mile pace. What, a sub-10 at 6 1/2 months pregnant? Yes please.

To celebrate Labor Day, and the run, we got Shake Shack burgers and fries for a picnic lunch, then came home to make homemade ice cream for brownie sundaes! 


It's hard to read but the sign in my right hand says "Irene"

No comments: