CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

12.07.2011

Three Weeks

We are chugging along here at the three week mark. Judah is still doing really well ... in fact Gabriel, at a tender 2 1/2, often cries more in a day than Judah (sorry to out ya, G!). I think Gabriel is just in that "two stage" and when you pile that on with everything that goes along with acquiring a new sibling, well there ya go. 

I have not made it out much, unfortunately, as I have had a few set backs with my incision healing from the c-section and am still in pain ... this recovery continues to be longer and more difficult than it was with Gabriel. Well, at least we are finished having children, so this is a passing season with a definitive end for me! I have also been a lot more weepy with Judah than I ever was with Gabriel ... like I cried the other day because I stubbed my toe :). But at the same time I also feel better equipped to care for Judah than I did for Gabriel as a newborn, so I guess the broad brush you could paint our current picture with is some things are better and some are worse :). Live and learn.

I'm also learning to respect my limits and energy levels, which I struggled to do with Gabriel. I just realize that not everything is going to get accomplished in any given day, and I am not going to take as many pictures as I want or make as many blog posts as I want, or play with Gabriel the way I used to, or have dinner ready every night, etc, etc, and I am learning to be okay with that. It may be at a glacial pace, which can make for some long and frustrating days, but we are getting there ... for I also know that this season will progress quickly!!








Incidentally, here is a parenting article that I found interesting:


http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/the_age_of_overparenting/page1  

No comments: