So, I will not lie and tell you that it was an easy process to get out Christmas card/birth announcement pictures. Let me frame the setting for you:
It's Thanksgiving Day. It's cold outside. We have a one week old. No dice on taking a nice scenic picture in the park. We feverishly search for decent light from room to room in our (cavernous) apartment. All test shots are crap. Idea: there is good light in the 6th floor hallway. Bonus: there is a large window with fire escape (read: a place to set the tripod). Andy climbs in and out of window setting up the shot. Ashley corrals Gabriel while holding Judah and trying to keep the peace. Also poses for test shots. Finally, ready.
"Gabriel, look at the camera, say cheese" (repeat over and over for the 12 second time elapse). Take One.
Who knows how many takes later, we have a satisfactory shot, but it did take some bribing ... Gabriel got to "star" in his own photograph. Here are the results:
 |
| This pose was TOTALLY unbidden, believe it or not! |
I just love this kid!
More outtakes, haha:
 |
| Pretending to be holding Judah and Gabriel |
 |
| Where is the baby? |
 |
| We are getting there! |
 |
| Errrrr |
 |
| Errrrr |
3 comments:
that last one cracks me up. you look very pretty though ash. and 7 weeks later and we STILL don't have a picture of the four of us yet.
I love the last one of Gabriel by himself and the others are just hilarious! I'm impressed with your ambition.
The Goodwin family is just too awesome! I love you guys! Thanks for sharing those pics...and for the laugh! :)
Post a Comment