CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

12.14.2009

O Christmas Tree

We took Gabriel to see the Rockefeller Christmas tree this evening, as well as to view the decorated Christmas windows at famous retailers such as Macy's and Bergdorf Goodman. I love the City around the holidays; every thing is lit up and quite beautiful. If you have never come to NY during Christmas, you really should consider adding it to your travel list.

We started at Herald Square (34th St and 6th Ave) where Macy's is and walked up 5th Avenue to 57th St. On our way up 5th we saw Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller Plaza, and Bergdorf Goodman. All of the stores lining 5th avenue, like Cartier, Tiffany's, Louis Vuitton, etc, were all decked out as well. Gabriel really seemed to enjoy the stroll - the weather was a bit chilly but much warmer than it has been the past few weeks when the highs were 30. Also, the crowds were totally manageable; typically around Christmas time NY is packed with tourists viewing the city sights (reference paragraph one above!), so yes there were people but we have seen it much worse. We were actually able to get right up to the Rockefeller Christmas tree.

Of course we had Gabriel dressed in his reindeer outfit, so he was adorable. He just laughed and squealed as we walked down the street, it was so much fun. I particularly liked the fact that he had a cute little red nose to match his outfit. He was mezmerized by all the lights and movement. I admit I was a bit concerned he would get cranky and not enjoy it, but we were pleasantly surprised that he seemed to love every bit of it. Welcome to Christmas Gabriel.


2 comments:

Brooke said...

You are completely right. NYC at Christmas time is the best. We were there 2 years ago getting engaged on Roosevelt Island!!

Jo Leigh said...

Well, I have never experienced New York at Christmas, but I can tell how awesome it is from all of your pictures! I think you are right, it will be on my "to do someday list", but until that happens I'll keep enjoying it via the Goodwins! Thanks!