Well here we are again, another month down. Gabriel is 7 months old today. We are gearing up for Christmas and looking forward to having our first Christmas together as a family. I know Gabriel will not remember his first Christmas, but I do think he is at a great age for us to have fun with him. He suddenly has become interested in crawling, whereas just a few weeks ago I thought it would be a while before he started crawling. He now lunges forward from a seated position in attempts to grab at everything in sight. He has propped up a few times on all fours, and pulled up to his knees a few times. All this to say, I think he will be fun to watch Christmas morning as he grabs all the paper his gifts are wrapped in (I am positive he will not care what is in the wrapping, but will be enthralled with the paper!). Mobility here we come!
We don't have any "official" numbers for weight and length since Gabriel will not go to the doctor until his 9 month check up, but we measured him with our flexible ruler and we think he is about 28" long and weighs about 18 1/2 pounds.
Gabriel enjoys playing with the wooden blocks Andy made him, as well as with his toy box...I mean yes he plays with his toys too, but he spends a lot of time turning the box over and over as if he is trying to figure out how it works. It's so cute to watch the determination on his little face.
He studies his hands regularly, turning them over and over in front of his face, he has his two bottom teeth with a few on the top showing signs that they are about to cut through, he is an excellent eater and has covered all of his vegetables (fruits are next week), he has graduated to a high chair (of sorts...it is actually one of those seats that hang off the table, we don't have any room in our apartment for an actual high chair!), his hair has grown back in after falling out at 3 months and he can now sport a mohawk again, he continues to love his bouncer seat and acts like a wild man in that thing (I love to hear him squeal and cackle with delight), and he also has realized that Mommy and Daddy are separate from him and therefore have the ability to leave him...so yes he has recently experienced pretty severe separation anxiety. I hope this is a season that will pass quickly, not so much for my sake but for his. He screams like his little heart is breaking and it is the end of the world when he thinks he is alone, tears streaking down his face...so I scoop him up and love on him until he calms down.
His favorite food so far seems to be green beans, which is comical if you know me well because I am not a picky eater by any means (never have been) but I really do not like green beans at all. He really likes everything, but he plows through the green beans the fastest :). Next week we will try avocado, apple, banana and pear. I'm approaching the fruit stage with a bit of trepidation since I've heard that once babies taste the sweetness of fruit they don't like their vegetables as much, but I am hopeful that he will continue to be a great eater and eat both.
Here are some 7 month shots:
We don't have any "official" numbers for weight and length since Gabriel will not go to the doctor until his 9 month check up, but we measured him with our flexible ruler and we think he is about 28" long and weighs about 18 1/2 pounds.
Gabriel enjoys playing with the wooden blocks Andy made him, as well as with his toy box...I mean yes he plays with his toys too, but he spends a lot of time turning the box over and over as if he is trying to figure out how it works. It's so cute to watch the determination on his little face.
He studies his hands regularly, turning them over and over in front of his face, he has his two bottom teeth with a few on the top showing signs that they are about to cut through, he is an excellent eater and has covered all of his vegetables (fruits are next week), he has graduated to a high chair (of sorts...it is actually one of those seats that hang off the table, we don't have any room in our apartment for an actual high chair!), his hair has grown back in after falling out at 3 months and he can now sport a mohawk again, he continues to love his bouncer seat and acts like a wild man in that thing (I love to hear him squeal and cackle with delight), and he also has realized that Mommy and Daddy are separate from him and therefore have the ability to leave him...so yes he has recently experienced pretty severe separation anxiety. I hope this is a season that will pass quickly, not so much for my sake but for his. He screams like his little heart is breaking and it is the end of the world when he thinks he is alone, tears streaking down his face...so I scoop him up and love on him until he calms down.
His favorite food so far seems to be green beans, which is comical if you know me well because I am not a picky eater by any means (never have been) but I really do not like green beans at all. He really likes everything, but he plows through the green beans the fastest :). Next week we will try avocado, apple, banana and pear. I'm approaching the fruit stage with a bit of trepidation since I've heard that once babies taste the sweetness of fruit they don't like their vegetables as much, but I am hopeful that he will continue to be a great eater and eat both.
Here are some 7 month shots:
2 comments:
What a cutie!!
He's a cutie alright! Can't believe how big he's getting! Too cute!
Post a Comment