CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

11.17.2009

Serious About Food

We started Gabriel on solid food last week. I know at 6 months it is a little on the late side for introducing solids, but since he was a bit slow in the weight gaining department (was being the operative word here), his pediatrician wanted to wait until 6 months. SO, first up was rice cereal...he devoured it. This kid is serious about his food, we couldn't even get a smirk out of him while he was eating, he just wanted to eat. Oink, oink. It was so cute. I am thrilled that he seems to have such a good appetite. Next up (Sunday) was sweet potatoes. He loved those too. He just kept reaching forward for the spoon and even tried to grab the spoon to feed himself. He especially likes playing with the empty bowl when all the food is gone and making a ginormous mess. I think this is going to be a really fun chapter for to enjoy with Gabriel.

(Unfortunately our external hard drive is not cooperating, so I can't retrieve the rest of the pictures with rice cereal or from his first sweet potato adventure, but rest assured they are cute! He was covered with rice cereal, and with the sweet potatoes too when it was time for those. I will re-post when that marvelous piece of technology decides to start working again)...





1 comment:

ddavis said...

so glad he is a good eater for you!