Gabriel turned 6 months old yesterday (wow). He seems to be growing and changing every day. In fact sometimes when he wakes up from a long nap (you know those Rip van Winkle kind) I swear he has grown. Well these thoughts were (somewhat) validated today when we took him to the doctor for his 6-month check up. He weighs in at 17 lbs 8 oz (51 %'tile) and is 26 3/4 inches long (61 %'tile). This is a weight gain of over 3 pounds in 30 days! His weight to height ratio has now normalized (at 52% versus 4% before...i.e. our long and lean boy is turning into a chunky monkey - ha!).
Gabriel is able to sit up on his own now and continues to shove everything in his mouth...he seems so dexterous for a baby, I can hardly keep anything away from him. Baby proofing is going to be a fun adventure for the Goodwins. He babbles (a lot), squeals (a lot), and has recently started scooting towards his toys. I project that crawling is still far off, but when he locks his gaze on a toy he wants, he is so determined to get to it. He has just added the beginnings of a few one syllable "words" to his cooing and babbling (like ba-ba-ba, da-da-da,etc). Maybe mama and dada aren't too far off?
We disassembled the bassinet and (as designed) are now using the top piece has a play gym on the floor with a quilt. He seems to enjoy rolling around under the bar and playing. This is not to say that Gabriel is an independent baby (hahaha), he LOVES to be held and carted around everywhere, loves to play in your lap and stand and jump, loves for you to hold him standing up anywhere really. He is deftly aware (and increasingly so) of his surroundings and seems to be forming visual memories... e.g. he knows exactly where to look for his toy box, or where to find the mirror to admire himself, or what it means when we pull "Greenie" out of the closet, etc. Andy and I have been reported to both have been clever, mischievous children, so I do believe we will be reaping what was sown in our childhoods very soon (yikes).
I'm also happy to report that Gabriel has no teeth (*holding her breath*) and I hope he is a late bloomer when it comes to the chompers. He also got his first little cold last week (waaaa), I felt so sorry for him with his running nose and coughing. I guess it has to happen sometime, right?
Happy Half Birthday my sweet Gabriel!
Gabriel is able to sit up on his own now and continues to shove everything in his mouth...he seems so dexterous for a baby, I can hardly keep anything away from him. Baby proofing is going to be a fun adventure for the Goodwins. He babbles (a lot), squeals (a lot), and has recently started scooting towards his toys. I project that crawling is still far off, but when he locks his gaze on a toy he wants, he is so determined to get to it. He has just added the beginnings of a few one syllable "words" to his cooing and babbling (like ba-ba-ba, da-da-da,etc). Maybe mama and dada aren't too far off?
We disassembled the bassinet and (as designed) are now using the top piece has a play gym on the floor with a quilt. He seems to enjoy rolling around under the bar and playing. This is not to say that Gabriel is an independent baby (hahaha), he LOVES to be held and carted around everywhere, loves to play in your lap and stand and jump, loves for you to hold him standing up anywhere really. He is deftly aware (and increasingly so) of his surroundings and seems to be forming visual memories... e.g. he knows exactly where to look for his toy box, or where to find the mirror to admire himself, or what it means when we pull "Greenie" out of the closet, etc. Andy and I have been reported to both have been clever, mischievous children, so I do believe we will be reaping what was sown in our childhoods very soon (yikes).
I'm also happy to report that Gabriel has no teeth (*holding her breath*) and I hope he is a late bloomer when it comes to the chompers. He also got his first little cold last week (waaaa), I felt so sorry for him with his running nose and coughing. I guess it has to happen sometime, right?
Happy Half Birthday my sweet Gabriel!
4 comments:
Wow. I can't believe he's 6 months already! He is just as cute as ever, and his little expressions are always so sweet, too! Happy half birthday, Gabriel!
I'm glad he likes his little Clemson outfit. It looks so cute on him! We had such a great time with you guys this past weekend. I hope we will be able to visit again and maybe even bring Violet next time!
I can't believe how big he's gotten! So adorable! Ok, this seals the deal that Caroline is defintiely short... Gabriel is longer than Caroline and almost as big :) He's so cute! I bet it won't be long before he's crawling around... can't wait to hear how that goes :) I could just eat him up he's so darn cute!
Man, where does the time go when you have little ones?! He's such a cutie and I could just nibble those little tootsies!!
Post a Comment