We had our follow-up ultrasound this morning at the hospital. I had a fair amount of trepidation going into the appointment since it was scheduled, in part, to check on the echogenic focus in the baby's heart. All of my anxiety melted away though as soon as I saw his cute little face on the screen. The technician reassured us that the echogenic focus was not going to be cause for concern, especially because I am still young with no other markers.
We got to see Baby Goodwin in 3D, which was really cool. We also found out that he is weighing in at a whopping 3 lbs. 4 oz, which is about a pound more than the average for 28 weeks! The doctor wants me to come back in four weeks for another measurement to see how much bigger he has gotten. At this rate, I'm going to be delivering a 9 pound baby! We don't know if they will shift my due date up; all we know is we want a healthy boy, no matter how big he is :). Andy is convinced he's been lifting weights and playing basketball, and I have to say based on the movement I feel on a regular basis I concur! Below are a few images from the ultrasound:

.jpg)
2 comments:
What a precious little (but big) guy! I'm so glad to hear that you guys got good news today! I remember seeing Brayden's little face the first time on the 3D ultrasound...it does melt your heart! Baby Goodwin is so handsome & cooperated well for his photo shoot!
This is such great news! I am glad he is doing well! And he looks precious! Can't wait to meet him in person!
Post a Comment