We've been reading to the baby every night since I hit about 20 weeks. Andy snuggles up to my belly and picks out a few books we've started collecting to read...everything from Dr. Seuss Fox In Socks to Goodnight Moon. One of our favorites is What Do You Do, and at the end the beetle is asked what he does:
"So tell us Beetle! What do you do?
"Are you ready? ... I ROCK That's what I do!"
For some reason Andy and I find this hilarious. At any rate, we decided last week to see if Baby Goodwin rocks by placing headphones on my belly and playing some of our favorite music. We played everything from Better Than Ezra to Buckethead. Imagine our surprise when the first jab came from an Incubus song! We envisioned him rocking out with his bad self, but actually we think it calms him. He'll wiggle around some, but becomes a little less active during music time. So, our theory is that once he's born, maybe playing music will relax and calm him (no, none of that lullaby crap - real people music...we'll set-up the iPod station in his nursery and hook him up with some sweet tunes!). We've really enjoyed adding the music time to story time ...as Andy pointed out to me earlier, it feels like we're "hanging out with him".
3 comments:
We are doing a lot of classical music for Violet. There is also a great website, rockabyebaby.com, that has lullaby arrangements of The Smashing Pumpkins, The Pixies, etc.
That's awesome! Our pack-n-play actually has an MP3 player hookup...that's not why we got it...but Hunter thinks its great... Caroline doesn't know what to think yet! Anyway, might be worth putting/keeping on the registry! :)
Hey Ashley, I was getting ready to send you guys a birth announcement but realized I don't have your new address. Could you send it to me at denisesdavis@gmail.com Thanks!
Post a Comment