We've had a pretty busy week. President's Day weekend, we took advantage of the holiday and drove down to South Carolina to take care of some things for the baby. The 14-hour drive through the night was great fun, as Baby Goodwin thought he'd use my bladder for speed bag practice :). Our first stop Saturday morning was Greenville to visit friends, run a few errands, and take care of some things with our storage space. We headed down to Irmo Saturday night to stay with my parents for the long weekend. I only had Monday off from work for the Holiday, but Andy was off from teaching for the entire week for winter break, so we had plenty of projects planned for him to complete while he was in town: finish the baby's bassinet, build two kitchen islands and bathroom shelves for our new apartment, and prep the dresser for painting for the baby's room (all in a day's work, right?)
My mom decided to fly back with me to New York early Tuesday morning and spend the rest of the week helping me with the nursery since Andy would be in SC for the week. (PS, by early I mean a 6am flight out of Charlotte, so our morning began at 3 AM!) . I have to say I am thankful that I will not be flying again while pregnant! It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to wrestle with a suitcase through security and on and off the plane, and of course the train and subway trip back to my apartment once we landed. Thank goodness I had my mom to help me! Needless to say, Tuesday at work was a long day for me.
After tireless hours working at my dad's shop to complete all of the projects, working until 4am a few nights, Andy finished all of the projects around midnight Thursday and packed up to head back up to New York. He ended up leaving early Friday morning for another 14-hour trip...at least he had the two dogs to keep him company :) (Laney is a pretty good co-pilot). He arrived around 7pm Friday night and unloaded the blazer and trailer full of projects. Whew!
My mom and I got a lot accomplished while she was here, plus it was fun to hang out in the City. I met her for lunch most days, then we spent the evenings after work working on the nursery and such. We now have the crib bedding and window treatments designed; I can't wait to see how it all comes together once my mom finishes making it all! We also took some time this week to wash ALL of Baby Goodwin's clothes...4 loads already and he's not even born! Thankfully my friend Tori tipped me off to using the free and clear detergents versus that pricey Dreft stuff :). Suffice it to say we have plenty of outfits and blankets for the baby.
Saturday morning, all three of us got up to run a 5k race in Brooklyn. We headed to Prospect Park around 7:30am and arrived in barely enough time to make it...thanks a lot MTA! In fact, my mom and I had to take our bag to bag drop so Andy would get to start the race up front with his pace; the bag drop turned out to be half a mile from the start, so by the time mom and I dropped off the bag and got back to the start line, the gun had gone off by 10 minutes and we were literally the last two people (out of 4000) to cross the start line! It was a cool 24 degrees and pretty windy, so kind of a rough race to get started on the wrong foot, but we finished! I ran a 33:51 (about on par with my pace these days). Andy of course placed 5th in his age group, even after getting no sleep all week, driving 14 hours the day before and living off of twizzlers and chili dogs!

After the race, we headed back to the City, which thanks again to MTA took almost 2 hours, and decided to reward ourselves with brunch from one of our favorite local joints, Popover Cafe. We enjoyed omlettes and popovers before my mom had to leave to catch her flight. I, of course, flaked out from exhaustion and food coma while Andy took my mom to the train station.
Baby Goodwin is doing well; he is very active these days. Here are shots of 27 and 28 weeks:

We have our follow-up ultrasound this coming Wednesday, so we'll post an update on him. I'm curious to find out how much he weighs now at 28 weeks; he weighed 10 oz. at 20 weeks, so we'll see how much he has grown.
No comments:
Post a Comment