
Andy also got the nursery painted this past weekend. Even though I got the environmentally safe paint (of course!), I steered clear of the room while Andy painted the two coats. It is Sherwin Williams Rice Paddy and I love it…kind of a “handsome” green, if you will (no sissy pastel green for my boy!). I also sorted through about a hundred fabric swatches and picked out a palette of blue, brown and green… now I just need to design the window treatments, pillows, bedding, etc. My mom is coming to New York for a week to help me out with finishing up the nursery (obviously she will be making all of the treatments for her grandson!). Here is a sneak peak at the progress thus far:

I have the nursery prints already (vintage hot air balloons), and the chandelier we bought at a flea market in Greece is hung. We’re picking up the dresser next week, and trying to decide on a wall treatment. Overall I feel pretty good about the progress; the nursery should be complete by the beginning of April.
Now, for my progress over the past few weeks, a few updated pics of preggo…25 and 26 weeks (only 14 to go!):

Lastly, some shots of the recent snow we’ve enjoyed:
Also – congrats to Andy for racing so well at the Bronx Half-Marathon yesterday – 11th place overall, and 2nd place in his age group. Way to go Andy!
4 comments:
The crib looks amazing!! Great job to Andy and your dad! You look amazing, too! That little guy will be here before you know it!!!
Ashley!! Just now realized you have a blog. Congratulations on a little boy! Boys are great, but I might be a bit biased :) I LOVE the crib... baby Goodwin is going to have one tricked out nursery! Hope you are well and can't wait to see you Saturday! ~Denise
The nursery is really coming along & the crib is so cool! I love it! You look so good, too! It won't be too much longer before your sweet little guy is in that awesome nursery you guys are making for him!!!
Love the crib! And you look adorable! And Elizabeth said you need to name your baby Aladdin Parrot, just so you know. :)
Post a Comment