CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

12.01.2008

Turkey Day

We had a great time in SC visiting with family, and yes I did eat a lot of pumpkin pie :) ... no amount of prego sickness will quell my appetite!! Thursday morning, Andy, my dad and I all ran the Turkey Day Run downtown to benefit the Boys and Girls Club. It was an 8k run (almost 5 miles) and the weather was great, although the race organization was sub-par; the bonus was it gave me an excuse to eat more. Andy finished third overall (out of about 500) and won his age group with a PR. My dad placed fourth in his age group, and I came in around 45 minutes, which is just over a 9-minute pace. I ran a 5-mile race about a month ago at an 8:42 pace, so I guess being pregnant is beginning to slow me down, but I am still out there running! Andy and I will be racing a Holiday 4-miler here in New York in a few weeks.

Andy and my dad almost finished building the crib, and let me tell you it is freakin' sweet! They worked all day Friday and Saturday, up until around 2:30am early Sunday morning. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication!! Below are a few pics during construction...












































































We had to deal with some unfortunate timing with the computer. Andy designed the entire crib with modeling software on our laptop, which completely crashed Thursday night. With no access to the design files, Andy had to hand sketch the design and dimensions from memory before he and my dad could begin building. Thankfully, everything else went relatively smoothly once the design was laid out.

My mom and I had some time to plan the nursery and go shopping, which will be a lot easier come December 23rd when we find out the sex of the baby! I have a basic idea of decor and color schemes.

I really enjoyed getting to see everyone, especially since we don't get down to SC very often. For Thanksgiving Dinner, we spent time with grandparents and my uncle, along with my parents and Steph. Thursday afternoon we got to visit with my cousins Kay and Wesley, and Ross, and Uncle Sonny and Aunt Kathy, and Violet! Violet and our baby will be about a year apart, so it has been fun seeing her at different stages and imagining what our baby will be doing this time next year. Thanks also to Kay for the maternity clothes!

Lastly - Andy and I FINALLY found an apartment...we signed the lease last night and start moving this week. It is a two bedroom on Central Park, about 10 blocks South of where we are now, so we are thrilled to be able to move before Christmas and start preparing for Baby Goodwin!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That's awesome! The crib looks SO great! I'm also happy to hear that you guys found an apartment. I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Love to you all!

Abbie said...

Ash, I'm so excited about your crib..looks like its going to be a round one... which is AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see pics of how you design the nursery.. i can't only imagine how great that's going to be! Keep us posted with pictures... will the crib be painted white or stained? Can't wait to see the finished product!

So glad to hear y'all found an apartment I'm sure that must be such a relief!