CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

11.22.2008

Goodbye Size 2's!!!

Well, I have almost reached the 4 month mark and have yet to "pop", as I've read and heard it is called. You still can't tell by looking at me that I am pregnant, but now I am definitely having trouble buttoning my pants, especially my suit pants for work. Not ready to delve into searching for maternity clothes, which I think are dreadful, I called my mom, as I so frequently do these days :), and she found this belly band that you put over your unbuttoned pants (I'm sure all you vets are like "Duh, Ash, everybody knows about those"). So mom picked one up for me at Motherhood and mailed it to NY and it works great - thanks mom!! So technically, I am still wearing my size 2's with the belly band, but those days are quickly drawing to a close. For better or for worse, I am not looking forward to the wardrobe change...

Quick update on the stones - they are not cooperating, as in leaving me alone. I have been to the doctor three times just this week. I am not in a lot of pain, but the doctors (my OB and urologist) have to monitor me and the baby very closely to proactively treat anything. As long as I don't have the drop-me-to-my-knees pain, I can handle the inconvenience. Right now I'm just looking forward to a relaxing weekend after a long work week; next week should go by quickly since I am flying to SC on Wednesday for Thanksgiving. You have no idea how much pumpkin pie I am going to consume!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow! I told my size 2's goodbye a LONG time ago!! :) I remember the transition phase...not quite big enough for maternity clothes, but not small enough for the normal ones either. I'm glad the little band is working...for now. :) Don't dread the maternity wardrobe too much. They have come a long way over the past few years and are so cute/trendy and especially comfy for you and baby! :) Have a nice, relaxing weekend!!

Jo Leigh said...

Hmm...I haven't been in a size 2 in well over a decade! Anyway, I think that's awesome that your mom got you a belly band. I learned about them (but never had one) from a girl at work who thought they were great. My clothes consisted mostly of scrubs or pajamas during my transition, so only on Fridays & Saturdays did I have such issues...but it is a pain. When it's time, I hope you come to enjoy your maternity wardrobe as much as I did (with help from friends)!!