Aside from that, things are progressing normally. We had our first trimester genetic screening this week at the hospital, where we're being tested for chromosomal mutations that cause down syndrome and the like; it’s definitely scary reading all the facts on these genetic disorders. We'll have our full results in another 4-6 weeks. We're just praying for healthy.
While at the screening, we had our third ultrasound, which I loved. I could watch the baby squirm around on the big screen all day! We did get an extended showing as Baby Goodwin was not cooperating with the technician who was trying to take measurements. He/she was kicking arms and legs, and even gave us a few waves, but not moving its head around enough. So after half an hour of having the ultrasound wand over every square inch of my belly, the technician told me to get up and walk around, maybe hit up the cafeteria for some eats, and come back. So I did. We went to the cafeteria and split a muffin and some coffee. I told Andy he may be in this same cafeteria less than 6 months from now...weird.
(the wave)
So we headed back upstairs for round two. We got to see the baby again, which was being slightly more cooperative at this point. About 15 more minutes and the technician was satisfied with the images. I wish I could have a perma-monitor and see what was going on in there all of the time (sigh). We were both late to work, but we didn't care! Hmmmm, our kid being difficult? Foreshadowing? Most certainly.
My morning noon and night sickness is waning, finally, but not as quickly as I would like. I keep waiting for this burst of energy I keep hearing about from the veterans, but have yet to experience it. Maybe next week.
1 comment:
What a cute little Goodwin! :) Hopefully that energy will kick in. For me, when I moved into my 2nd trimester, it was just an instant miracle of feeling better and energized. Hope that's how it goes for you, too! Love you guys!!
Post a Comment