CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

11.07.2011

9 in 9!

Well, even to my surprise, I did it again ... 9 races in 9 months of pregnancy, whew! It wasn't pretty, but I did it. On Saturday, November 5th (the day before the NYC Marathon), I ran the "NYC Mini Marathon", which was 2.62 miles. I was 37 weeks 2 days pregnant. Whoa. Yes, I had to stop to pee TWICE in less than 3 miles, yes I was having contractions while I was running, and yes it took me 34:59 to run it (a 13:39/mile pace), but I finished! That was definitely my hardest run to date. Andy ran along side me, pushing Gabriel in the jogger, so it was great to have them along for the run, and we ended at the marathon expo. I received a lot of strange looks both while I was running and at the expo ... like I think these people thought I was registered to run the marathon, ha! Not on your life.

After wandering around the expo for a bit, and being extremely grateful that I am NOT running the marathon this year, we headed to Penn Station for a quick post-race snack (Krispy Kreme donuts, what?).  



9 in 9!!

1 comment:

susan said...

Sweet!!!! Congrats...you are awesome...so proud of you!!! luv u, Mom