CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

11.09.2011

First Hair Cut

So yea, Gabriel is 2 1/2 years old and has yet to have his first hair cut. Truthfully, it hasn't been long enough to get in his eyes or anything until recently ... well maybe the last month or so ... I mean some days it might have looked like borderline neglect if you saw Gabriel and me walking down the street, but other than that ... we contemplated going into one of those kid salons with the cars for salon chairs, and videos, music, lights ... all the things needed to overstimulate a toddler so much so that he doesn't realize a total stranger is coming at him with a sharp pair of scissors. I polled my friends, and also did some online research and found the majority of the reviews on these types of establishments was poor. Most agreed that the hair cut was not very good, their kid got over stimulated, and they paid $30+ for a 5 minute rush job. Well, if my kid's hair is going to look like crap, it might as well be for free and in the comfort of his own home! 

So, last Sunday night we decided to do it. I explained to him ahead of time what a hair cut was and why he needed one. We sat him up in his booster seat and let him see the "tools" (hair cutting scissors, a comb, and a cup of water). Andy entertained him with the camera while I snipped away. He. Did. Awesome. He got a little wiggly a few times, but overall cooperated and did not seem to be the lest bit upset by the whole thing. 

We like his hair a little long, with his curls and everything, so really I just trimmed it ... and I think it looks fine actually! His hair is out of his face, but he still has bouncy curls flying when he runs around, so Mommma is happy. Way to go G on your first hair cut! ... And, no, we did not save any of it ... we swept up the floor and promptly threw away all the little locks. I'm 32 years old and have zero interest in keeping the lock of hair that I'm sure is taped to the inside of my baby book somewhere, so my guess is G will feel the same way. 

Anyway, here are the pics of the event! 






1 comment:

susan said...

Love the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did a great job...ly Mom