CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

8.28.2009

Transition Time

I've been gearing up over the past few weeks to get back to work, going in for a few hours here and there before I start back into a full swing. I'm going to start back part time and work my way back up to full time as Gabriel's schedule allows. I definitely have mixed feelings about this transition: naturally I am a little sad to be leaving Gabriel for chunks of time when I'm used to being around him and providing for him every minute of every day...buuuuuuuuuuut I do have to say the times I have been in the office it has been a refreshing change to have intelligent, stimulating conversation with adults (no offense to Andy of course, since he has been home with me all summer). I love playing with Gabriel and caring for him, but it's nice to expand my vocabulary beyond "fussy wussy", "cutie pootie", and "bugaboo" every once in a while :)...oh and it's more pleasant smelling not to walk around with a spit-up scent emanating off my shoulder.

I'm hoping the transition will go smoothly for Gabriel and for me, although I have to say I did not fully transition back into my work attire! Oh well, I am getting there. I had to make a trip to Macy's to buy some transitional professional clothes, so that marked Gabriel's first trip to the 9-story Macy's in Herald Square AND his first ride on the subway:







No comments: