Sunday was the NYC Half Marathon. This is a race I have run the past two years, but this year Andy was the lone Goodwin representative. I briefly contemplated running it back in April when registration opened, but I thought August would be too soon to try and get in shape for a half marathon. I thought correctly. Although I wished I were out there running as I stood on the sidelines, I knew that I was right where I should be...holding Gabriel while we watched Daddy run. It was a dreadfully hot and humid day, so Andy had his work cut out for him. There were some of the world's top runners in the race; it was exciting to see Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman of the men and Paula Radcliff and Deena Kastor of the women. Wow, they are fast. Anyway, we saw Andy at the 5k mark, as it was conveniently located in the Park right where our building is. We didn't get to head down to the finish to greet him because it was all the way down in Battery Park (over 8 miles away), but it was still fun to cheer him on at the 5k mark. Andy finished 191st out of over 10,000 runners. Congratulations Andy!! Here are the few pics I snapped.
No comments:
Post a Comment