…otherwise known as Cry Babies “R” Us (what Andy and I have always called it). I have forever loathed this retail establishment and frequent it on an as needed basis only, but I thought that shopping for my own little one would be a different experience. Andy and I went to CBRU this weekend to start picking out some things for baby boy Goodwin, and it was just wretched! I can firmly say that I still hate this store. First of all, they try to shove every baby gimmick there is down your throat, all while parading as being helpful. And gee, thanks so much for the list of “must haves” and, my personal favorite, “top sellers”. If you mean by top sellers all the crap other morons buy for their kids just because everyone else is doing it, then no thanks! We’ve never been much of conformist, and don’t plan to start now. We’ll buy what we want to buy when we want to buy it (adjusts her soap box)…
And of course there has to be screaming children running all over the place at CBRU, thus the name we’ve given it, complete with obtuse parents, and careless employees who somehow have managed not to stock any of the shelves, but still are wheeling carts and stairs and boxes all over the place. As quoted from “Office Space” what is it you say you DO here? Believe me, we will be doing as much as possible online to avoid that horrible place. Unfortunately CBRU, and its baby registry, is a necessary evil. Whew!
4 comments:
I must wholeheartedly agree! I never went there until I was pregnant and did the obligatory registry. Even when shopping there for Violet, I think every time how much I hate it and how I wish I could avoid it. Now that we are further into parenthood, we are managing to get all of our necessities elsewhere. I am not sure how long my streak will last, but I haven't been to BRU in months!
Understandable...I've never enjoyed shopping there for others. Is there a Target anywhere near you in the city? A lot of my friends have used Target instead and they seem to have a good amount of things to choose from...just a thought!
~Chrissy
Thats my girl!! The acorn is indeed close to the tree. roflol.
Love
D Daddy acorn
Hope there is a Target close by...its definitely got all the baby essentials ...which will keep you out of BRU... I mean CBRU!
Post a Comment