CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

1.23.2009

Running...and Freezing

I have managed to maintain my goal of running through my pregnancy, although less miles at a slower pace these days. The past few weeks have been particularly hard because it has been freezing here. Andy and I complain because we've lived here for two years and have yet to experience a real New York winter...well we are getting what we asked for. It snowed about 4-6 inches over the past week, so we've really enjoyed walking in snow-covered Central Park and playing with the dogs. Just last Friday, it was 9 degrees outside when I went running after work, and a warm up of 17 degrees the following Saturday when I went out for another run. It certainly is hard to muster up the motivation to get out the door when it is single digits outside with snow covering the ground, but I know it will be worth it.

Aside from running "training" runs, I have also made it a goal to run a race every month that I am pregnant, which so far I have achieved. I'll be running a 5k tomorrow morning here in Central Park, and have just signed up for another 5k in Brooklyn in February. After tomorrow's race, I'll post a 6 months in review of races along with some updated belly shots!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous. All I get to run on is kennerly rd. :<( lol but it is warmer :<))

Dad

Jo Leigh said...

My goodness...you truly do amaze me! You & Andy both! I'd be willing to bet that if you took all of the running I have EVER done in my life & tripled it...you would have still out run me just during your pregnant running days! How awesome! Keep up the good work! I'm glad you guys are enjoying the winter-y weather, too! It's been colder than usual here, too, but hearing about y'alls weather just makes me shiver! Best wishes & keep up the good work!

Sherry said...

Wow, Ashley! You truly are an inspiration! I am glad your pregnancy is going so well and you are able to keep up with your running! That is a definite blessing! You won't see me running unless I am being chased by some crazed man carrying a weapon! :) I do walk the mall with a friend...does that count? :) Love you guys! Can't wait to see the pics!