CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

10.09.2011

Lay Low...

were my doctor's orders after my routine visit this past Friday. When I told her I had been experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions this week (week 33), her response was "I don't like that, I'm concerned". Great. She hooked me up to the fetal monitor for about 15 minutes, then after checking me determined that the baby is already pushing down and could put me into labor at any time ("you feel like you're about to pop" were her exact words!). Not what I wanted to hear when I have a full seven weeks to go. True, if I can make it to 37 weeks I will be full term, so if I can at least make it four more weeks I will feel better about delivering early.

So apparently, she said in her experience, women in NYC who are pregnant with their second and have a boy as their first are more likely to go into labor early simply because of the every day difficulties of getting around the city pregnant (walking everywhere, stairs up and down, lifting, etc.) combined with an active boy put a lot of stress on the prego mom. Combine that with the fact that women who have kidney stones/infection are at a higher risk of pre-term labor and I have a perfect little storm for not making it to 40 weeks.

So. I've been ordered to "lay horizontal as much as possible" (not out right bed rest but close enough). I am not allowed to go running, take Gabriel to the park or playground (or anywhere for that matter), go to the grocery store, etc. ... at least through the long weekend. She is sending me in for an ultrasound next week to check the baby's position.

Prayers for a full term baby are much appreciated!!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

You have my prayers, Ash! I know that that having an early baby is no fun...and I know you...so please obey the doctor's orders! ;) However, God is control, and everything will be fine! Don't over-do it, and rest as much as you can, considering you have a little one at home! :)

Brooke said...

Praying for BBG #2. REST UP!! No more red eye flights from Denver and then running in a race!! :)

Cindy said...

Take good care of yourself. I'm sure laying horizontally as much as possible is quite a chore! Thinking about and praying for you! Love and miss ya!

Ashley said...

Thanks everyone! Yea, I realize the irony in the post RIGHT before this one ... no more races or flying or really anything! Thank you, thank you all for your prayers!