Just a hair over three weeks left...home stretch here we come. I knew coming into this that the last few weeks are the hardest. I am physically uncomfortable. All the time. I am turbo-tired. All the time. And, unfortunately I have been sick for the last week :(. A nasty cold turned into an upper respiratory infection, to which my doctor sent me to the hospital Friday night to check for pneumonia because "respiratory illness can get out of control quick when you are this pregnant and we don't want you to end up in the ICU". Indeed.
So Andy and I headed down to the L and D floor to be checked Friday night. I HATE going into the hospital, particularly when I know it will not end in me bringing home baby brother. Humph! This is the second time I have had to go to the hospital for an illness that may affect the baby. After a few hours of monitoring and numerous "checks", it was decided that the baby is doing fine despite my infection. He is a tough little guy after all my body has put him through! They put me on a Z pack antibiotic, gave me an inhaler for the incessant coughing, and sent me home. I was really thankful for being sent home, fearful at first when the doctor threatened to "treat me for the flu as a precaution" (read: stay in the hospital).
So, now the the belly update. Below are the 32, 34 and 36 week belly shots:
 |
| 32 Weeks |
 |
| 34 Weeks |
 |
| 36 Weeks |
We are whittling away at our to do list and have almost everything in order. We have even managed to narrow down our first name list to four. I think we will go to the hospital with these four names and wait until we meet Baby Brother to decide what he "looks like". We had the same strategy for Gabriel (but with 2 names) and we knew as soon as we laid eyes on him that he was a Gabriel, so we hope that we will have the same clarity when BBG2 arrives!
I have continued to have contractions, but my doctor is less concerned since a recent U/S showed the baby is in the 75 %'tile for size and weight (5 lbs. 7 oz. at 33 weeks) ... basically I can go at anytime and he will be just fine was her sentiment. Bring it! Shall I begin deep knee lunges and consuming spicy food? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment