| Pretending he is a fireman with his "helmet" on |
Yes I realize Gabriel turned two a month ago today. I had hoped to make a post shortly thereafter with his 2 yr stats once we made it into the doctor, but the appointment got canceled by his doctor and could not be rescheduled until July (July?!). So, Andy and I decided to measure and weigh him ourselves...we'll just have another update when he actually goes to the doctor and provide his 2 yr + 2 month stats :)
Using our best measuring devices (bathroom scale + yard stick), we have determined that Gabriel is 35 1/2" tall and weighs 29 pounds. No idea the percentiles, of course. I don't think they measure head circumference anymore, but let's just say the helmet Gabriel wears when he scooters is for a 5-yr old! Lots of good brains in there, we think :)
Gabriel has, naturally, hit his "twos" in full toddler fashion. We are taking this new phase all in stride. I would summarize it as more difficult moments + more (way more) sweet moments. He certainly can throw a tantrum, but he is also so loving and sweet, both to Andy and me and to his friends. He says the sweetest, and sometimes funniest, prayers at dinner and before bed, for example. He is gaining and mastering his verbal skills daily; sometimes I have no idea where a phrase or sentence he says comes from. I would love to see how his little brain works!
Gabriel is ALL about soccer. He loves going to his class, loves his coaches and loves his soccer buddies. I will be sad when it ends for the season. We will be looking to enroll him next Fall as well. Meantime, we're considering swimming classes for the summer.
We have certainly began the task of informing Gabriel that he will be a big brother soon. He seems to really be into this, thus far. He prays for little baby, as we call it right now until we can designate baby brother or baby sister, and he prays for the doctor! We figured out he associates going to the doctor with seeing the baby on the ultrasound; so sweet. Tonight he hugged my belly for the first time, although it's not really sticking out that far yet, we've told him that is where little baby is.
Sometimes I look back over the past two years and wonder where the time has gone, but in the same moment I see all growth in Gabriel and realize it has been a long two years...not in a bad way, though. I hope this means that I am cherishing each moment. The days are long, but the years fly by. Love me some Gabriel Goodwin.
No comments:
Post a Comment