![]() |
| Baby Goodwin # 2 at 12 weeks |
We've had several doctors visits and ultrasounds already. The baby is progressing right on track and is always squirming around when we get a chance to see her/him. Our genetic screening went well and we have an anatomy scan scheduled for the beginning of July...YES we are going to find out the sex of the baby! I can. not. wait.
One thing I am surprised by is that I am not really showing yet...I mean if you look close, maybe, but with Gabriel I already had a little belly at this point. I had always heard that women show earlier with their second. I have also gained less weight at this point than I did with Gabriel. It's funny how literally every aspect of this pregnancy has been different from my experience with Gabriel.
I'll end on my running goal for this pregnancy. As you might remember, I ran throughout my pregnancy with Gabriel, all the way up to the day before I went into labor, and ran a race every month that I was pregnant. My goal is similar, but must remain pretty fluid this time around. I had a blood clot for the first 10 weeks of the pregnancy that restricted me from running, or doing any exercise whatsoever. Thankfully the blood clot re-absorbed and I was given the go ahead to begin running, slowly. So I have been trying to build my mileage back up since then. I signed up for a race in April that I ended up walking (4M), then one in May that I walk/ran (4M), and I have another one next week, a 10k, that I hope to be able to run in its entirety. Naturally, the well being of the baby is paramount, so if I end up needing to bag running, I am okay with that. But I will run as long as I can!
Oh yea, and I have not taken any belly shots yet...those will probably materialize around 20 weeks :)

1 comment:
Precious Baby Goodwin!!! So excited
Post a Comment