Last Sunday (9/26) Andy and I raced one of our faves here in NYC, the 5th Avenue mile. Since we both are deep into our marathon training and had hard long runs Saturday, we knew this was a day for fun, not PRs. The weather was gorgeous, crisp, perfect.
I was up first at 10am with the women age 30-39 heat. Typically I try to get close to the front of the start line so I can run all out and not have to step around people, but this year I knew I would only be running about 80% due to training and an injury I am nursing, so I headed to the back :). When the gun went off, I was able to run a bit faster than I anticipated and finished in 7:24. True, I have run sub-7 before, but I was pleased with this time all things considered.
Gabriel and I watched Andy's heat; he was feeling tired from the 23 miles he ran the day before, but still pulled off 22nd overall with a time of 4:52. We took our time meandering around the park and enjoying the weather on our way home.
(All the pics from this day have been misplaced, so sorry!)
Then, this past Saturday, I had a half-marathon race also in the park, called Grete's Gallop. I had scheduled this mainly as a training run, so I raced it cautiously and still was able to run my MP (marathon pace) of a 9:09/mile. Again the weather was beautiful, and I got to see my two favorite people in the whole world. Twice. Since the course lapped around the park twice, Gabriel and Andy cheered me on at mile 2.5 and again at mile 8.5. Guess which 2 miles were the fastest? Ha!
It was a good race, after which we had a sitter scheduled to come watch Gabriel so Andy and I could go watch the Clemson game at Brother Jimmy's (a local BBQ joint that has exclusively ACC and SEC decor, can you believe it?). Too bad we lost, but overall it was a great Fall day!
(All the pics from this day have been misplaced, so sorry!)
Then, this past Saturday, I had a half-marathon race also in the park, called Grete's Gallop. I had scheduled this mainly as a training run, so I raced it cautiously and still was able to run my MP (marathon pace) of a 9:09/mile. Again the weather was beautiful, and I got to see my two favorite people in the whole world. Twice. Since the course lapped around the park twice, Gabriel and Andy cheered me on at mile 2.5 and again at mile 8.5. Guess which 2 miles were the fastest? Ha!
It was a good race, after which we had a sitter scheduled to come watch Gabriel so Andy and I could go watch the Clemson game at Brother Jimmy's (a local BBQ joint that has exclusively ACC and SEC decor, can you believe it?). Too bad we lost, but overall it was a great Fall day!
No comments:
Post a Comment