CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

10.26.2010

Pumpkin Carving

We bought our pumpkin last weekend when we went hiking, but did not get around to carving it until tonight. I always feel like Halloween and pumpkin carving punctuate the Fall season, so we decided to make a night of it and have a ghoulish dinner before carving time (spider web soup, chicken mummies, and witches fingers). Yum! Gabriel ate all of his mummies and witches fingers :)

Gabriel also helped me pick out the jack-o-lantern design this afternoon. He sat on my lap in front of the computer and I pulled up some images on google and let him point to the one he liked best. A fine pick if I do say so myself (props to Andy for free handing it!!)

Gabriel wanted to help Andy draw the sketch on the pumpkin, so I gave him a tadoodle, which he thought was awesome. He did not want to get his hands all goopy cleaning out the pumpkin, but he loved digging in the bowl of guts with a spoon...he kept saying "dig, dig, dig!". He dug in the bowl nearly the entire time Andy was carving. I was on gravity duty :)

After the pumpkin was carved and we lit it up, Gabriel was kind of mesmerized for a second, then he wanted to touch the pumpkin, then he recoiled and said "no", then looked some more, then he was finished. What a funny guy. Enjoy!


No comments: