CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

6.13.2010

Ma-May?

This is how Gabriel pronounced "edamame" when we took him out for sushi for the first time this week. Yes, I said sushi...they have vegetarian rolls which are perfect for little non-raw-fish-eating fingers (oh and those other folks who don't eat meat or whatever...)

So anyway, Laurel and Jim came into town for a work expo and stayed with us for a few nights. We went out to this sushi restaurant that Andy and I have been wanting to go to for a while, but haven't because I was pregnant, then nursing, etc. We had a really good time and Gabriel behaved himself in the restaurant...all of the servers seemed enamored at this little one year old digging into an avocado sushi roll - ha! Plus it was Gabriel's 13-month "birthday" so it was a good time to put away the cooking utensils and go out!

We ordered a bowl of edamame for an appetizer and Gabriel loved it - in fact he ate more than anyone else at the table! It only took him a few tries after listening to Laurel and me repeat edamame for him to say "ma-may?" and point to the bowl. We could not coax a "sushi" out of him, however. Maybe next time.

Now, for the proof! Enjoy:



3 comments:

susan said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Great pics!

Jo Leigh said...

Oh my goodness...that is so adorable & funny! I bet the servers were amazed at him! He is so cute, & I love the pics! Glad you guys had a good time! (I think Gabriel may have a more distinguished palate than anyone in this family :) !)

Steph said...

Love the pic's. So glad you guys finally got to go! I cant believe how much Gabriel has changed in just 5 weeks. He has thicker and longer hair and his face has changed too. Such a sophistcated cutie pie! Cant wait to see you guys.