Andy and I had another race this past Saturday. Since Gabriel has been born, we usually have to confer and decide who gets to run a race and who will watch Gabriel. This time, however, we had family in town so we both got to run. It was just a 4 miler in Central Park, but I decided I wanted to test my fitness level since my last race in order to get a marker of my progress thus far. My strategy? Go all out for as long as I could, and when I crashed and burned then so be it. At least I would know how fast and how far I could run. Turns out, I'm a lot more fit than I thought. I completed the 4 miles in less than 36 minutes at an 8:54/mi pace. This is quite an improvement over the last 4-miler I raced back in July when I raced at a 9:55/mi pace. Go me :)
3 comments:
You never cease to amaze me!!!!Me and little G are so proud of you!
Congrats! That is awesome, Ashley! By the way, where did Gabriel come from? The stork? You look great!! Also, congrats on his baptism! I'm glad he was such a good boy for it, & that your family was able to be there for his special day!
Hooray for Ashley!! You rock little mama!!
Post a Comment