I'm done!! If you've been keeping up with the blog, then you know I ran the last race of my pregnancy this past weekend, a 4-miler in Central Park. In the days leading up to the race I had my doubts that I would be able to run the entire distance and wondered if it was even a lucid moment when I signed up for the race, but my body must be a glutton for punishment because I indeed ran the entire time. At a pace of 11:30 per mile, I finished in just a hair under 46 minutes. It felt great to still be out there, although I should probably note how many strange looks I got from the other 8,000 people that were out there! Andy ran the race with me, both for fun and for moral support. Below are a few pics from the race, one of which will serve as my 34 week belly shot (and incidentally marks the ninth and final race by way of me proudly holding up my nine fingers!):

.jpg)

4 comments:
YOU DID IT!!! Way to go, Ashley! Now relax a little before this little man gets here!!!
You are AMAZING! Amazing!!!!...and gorgeous btw!!!
Way to go, Ash!! I'm so proud of you for keeping up with the running and being able to physically do it throughout your pregnancy. I'm with Jo Leigh...now's the time to rest and just take it easy as you wait out the next few weeks! I can't wait to see you guys Saturday!
Hey Ashley,
Saw a link to your website from Abbie's and you look amazing and congrats on the big LAST run!! WOOHOO!! I hope that you are feeling well and taking time for yourself while your little man gets ready to enter this world!!! Would love to hear from you and catch up!! tell Andy we said hello also!
Anna Eisenman Owens
Post a Comment