Whew, I'm glad it is Friday! It has been a long, but good week. Our most recent tour started last Thursday with a trip down to SC for the BBG Party and Easter. We had to break the 12-14 hour trip up into two days because I can't ride in a car that long. The first leg Thursday was nearly unbearable (this misery brought to you by the states of New Jersey and Pennsylvania...does anyone know how to drive in either of these states?!) We reached our "half way" point after 9 excruciating hours in the car...leg two: early Friday morning we got up to head the rest of the way to SC and arrived around 11am at my parents house. Needless to say, I was pretty worthless the rest of the day!
Saturday was GREAT! We spent most of the day preparing for the BBG Party. Andy and I ran some errands around town while my parents and Steph devoted their day to cleaning and cooking and arranging, etc, etc. By 4pm we were ready for the party. It was SO great to see all of our friends and family, Andy and I had a great time. We really appreciated everyone who came...although we are still trying to figure out how nobody fell into the pool! I'm sure we looked like a pair of deer in headlights the way we watched all the kids run around :). I know, I know - they don't all come at once and they don't come out running around (takes a deep breath)... So a BIG thank you to everyone who helped us prepare for the party and everyone who came to the party, we truly are blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!
Now, on to Sunday...Easter and our 6th year wedding anniversary. We went to the latest possible Easter service, which was okay but actually made us miss our church service...it's odd how you can get attached to the specifics of your own church. Anyway, it was a gorgeous afternoon, so Andy and I took our pups out for a two mile walk (NOT run!). We pretty much just relaxed and enjoyed the day.
Our plans were to go out for dinner Monday night to celebrate our anniversary since we already had so much going on during the weekend. We had picked out this cool place called the Rhino Room in the Vista (some of you may have a hunch how this story will end if you frequent the Vista area). Andy called the week before to make reservations for around 7pm, so we got all dressed up and headed out. Our first surprise was free parking outside the restaurant....what, FREE parking? Wow, what a difference from New York! We walked to the building where Rhino Room is located, but could only find this place called Saki Tumi (a sushi joint). Now, I do love sushi, but this is not where I wanted to go. We kept walking around the block, but to no avail. We asked someone on the street if they knew where the Rhino Room was, and she said it closed over two years ago! Huh? But Andy had just called to make reservations, and the website gave no indication that it was closed...so we finally figured out that when Andy called, the guy who answered the phone never actually said "Hello, Rhino Room" and that Saki Tumi had the same phone number as the now defunct Rhino Room. Humph! Plan B: we walked up a few blocks to the Blue Marlin, which I had eaten at before and knew was good. It was pretty good, except I ordered the lamb chops and they were disgusting, so I had to order another entree, but other than that it was a nice anniversary dinner...hey at least the place was open, right? We headed over to Nonnah's for dessert and coffee then called it a night. I'm sure we'll remember this anniversary for many more to come - ha!
Below is a pic from our anniversary dinner night, and also my 35 week belly shot:

Monday and Tuesday I had to work remotely (got to save those vaca days for when BBG comes!). So, Andy was working on some projects while I worked from my parents house. I took a few breaks to help Andy run some last minute errands (which unfortunately included a trip to CBRU, which I now hate even more...I won't go into a rant like I have in the past, but suffice it to say that the only way these people make money is by taking advantage of other people - Grrr!)
Tuesday afternoon we started our trek back to NYC with a 6 1/2 hour drive to the middle of Virginia...luckily this was uneventful for the most part. We stayed the night and got up Wednesday morning to finish the 2nd leg back to NYC...we arrived around 1:30pm, and I had to be back at the office at 2pm (boo!). That was a painful day to say the least. So, the rest of the week I have been back and work, which is growing increasingly harder with every day. My goal is to make it to May 1st at work, but at this point I'll be lucky just to make it back in Monday morning!
1 comment:
Glad you guys had a better trip back then you did getting down here! It was great to see you guys! I still think it's funny how much you hate Babies R Us. I love that stinking place & thought everybody did...I know otherwise - for sure! Get some rest & try to take it easy when you get a chance!
Post a Comment