CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

11.22.2015

Race to Deliver (in more ways than one)

Race to Deliver is an annual NYRR race that I have raced in the past. This year was different, however, because this is my first race since I broke my foot and had to take (turns out) 18 months off from running. The longest I have ever not run in my life, including through two pregnancies. My last race was the Bolder Boulder 10k in CO in May 2013. Although this was "only" a four miler, it was significant for me. For me it marks my return to running and racing (Lord willing), so in that way I felt delivered from an injury that was physically and mentally debilitating. My 2015 goal was at least a 5k (check), 2016 I hope to race a 10k, and by 2017 I hope to be back in half marathon shape. It's good to be back! 


This is a fun, happy picture, but you should know it took significant coaxing to get Judah to smile and participate ... I think bribing may have even been involved. It also involved a witty knock-knock joke, which the boys are very into right now: knock knock. who's there? judah. judah who? judah-want a take a picture?


This series of pictures is blurry, Andy took them as I ran by waving at the boys while they cheered me on, but they are really meaningful to me because I.am.running... 







No comments: