CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

5.09.2014

Happy Birthday Gabriel!

It's so cliche, "where did 5 years go?" - but it's honestly what I find myself asking today! When I look back over the last five years, at each major milestone Gabriel has passed through, I am amazed at the little boy that stands before us today. He is not the result of our "getting it right" however, but rather of God's grace. 

My heart overflows for Gabriel. He is so kind and funny, he has a great, infectious laugh, he is agile and adventurous on the playground, and he is clever and engaged in the classroom. I love how well he gets along with his peers and how he looks out for his little brother. We have found over the years incredible consistency with his very high highs and his very low lows. He is a child of great emotion who is constantly taking in his environment, alert and cautious just as he was as an infant. He is our wild eyed, sometimes impulsive, all-boy-all-the-time, creative, tenacious child. What a privilege that God chose us to be his parents; even when we fail as parents and have to ask him for forgiveness, he is steadfast in his love for Mommy and Daddy. What a good heart he has. Thanks be to God for Gabriel Hilton Goodwin. Happy, Happy Birthday to our dear son. We love you!!! 

No comments: