Andy and I took a few days since he is off from school this week to get away and relax while Mimi and DD stayed in NYC with Gabriel...I realized after we made all of the arrangements that I have never been away from Gabriel for more than a few hours since he's been born. Weird...and not necessarily by choice. I mean, I don't feel like I "can't" be away from him, I just have not had the need to leave him overnight. So. My parents arrived Saturday afternoon and Andy and I took off for Pennsylvania. Apparently Gabriel had a fabulous time while we were away, and Andy and I enjoyed some much needed relaxation (hello sleeping in past nine for the first time in 2 years!). Admittedly, it took me a bit to get used to not having having Gabriel around...I felt, well, almost bored. What to do with all of this time? Eventually we were able to feel normal and enjoy ourselves...
Here is a little of what Gabriel got into:
And here is a bit of what Andy and I did while away:
We left PA on Monday afternoon and headed over to Hartford, CT to see some friends and stay the night...so nice to have a complete conversation over a nice dinner without being interrupted! It was a nice time, but we were also happy to be back home with our sweet Gabriel ;).
2 comments:
We had such a blast keeping/playing with G. Maybe he should spend a week with us this summer while mom and dad go on a longer vacation. We could swim in the pool every day, go to the zoo, go see tumbleweed, go to the park, go to Edeventure, You get the idea.
Had such a great time keeping Gabriel. He is most delightful!!!! I just love his little voice, precious. luv u.
Post a Comment