Gabriel is quickly approaching the two year mark, last week he plowed past 21 months. Wow. He is learning so much every day and talking more than ever. Andy and I are being extra careful in everything we say because he repeats things instantly (oops to the time we carelessly said "duh" in conversation...we had to work to erase that from his toddler vernacular quickly!).
He is also reciting his books to us, which I find thrilling. I know he is a ways off from reading, but he knows what to say on each page. We are also working on counting, ABCs, colors, shapes, opposites, etc, etc. I was most impressed the other week when he was eating apple pieces and had three left. I asked him how he would make it so there were two pieces left. He smiled wide and ate one and waited. I asked how to make it so he had one piece left, and he ate another one. Maybe he will be a math nerd like his daddy!
Other developments include helping out in the kitchen (making pizza, tearing up kale leaves to be washed, unloading the dishwasher), helping feed and walk the dogs, trying to dress himself, mastering stairs, jumping, painting ... and developing a moral compass (i.e. learning he can make his own decisions and frequently practicing that right, yikes!). I took a few 21 month shots while we were in Aspen:
No comments:
Post a Comment