CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

1.12.2010

8 Months

Gabriel hit 8 months old this past Saturday, his first month milestone in 2010...wow it's weird to think we are not even in his birth year anymore. I feel like we will be celebrating his first birthday before we know it. I strive every day to take things slowly and enjoy that day in hopes that time won't pass so quickly, but my efforts thus far have proved futile. Where have 8 months gone? Where did my tiny little baby boy go? Don't get me wrong, I love how Gabriel has developed. He is so much fun, and learning new things every day. Sometimes I can't believe how much I enjoy just sitting and watching him play and discover. Who wudda thunk? Despite my mixed emotions of my "baby" Gabriel slipping away, I am very much looking forward to all of the milestones to come as we welcome toddler Gabriel, and so on.

Speaking of toddler Gabriel, raise your hand if you have heard of a baby who walks before he crawls?! Gabriel has definitely mastered scooting (actually it reminds me of an army crawl), but he still does not seem interested in propping up on all fours to propel himself forward. Instead? Yea, he likes to pull up on everything and walk up and down the halls assisted by mommy and daddy. He's even started cruising some furniture. Maybe I am not up on 8 month old developments, but honestly I thought he'd be crawling around for many months before he attempted standing and walking. Who knows, he may be teasing us and he won't walk until he is one. Time will tell. Oh well, no complaints here. He is so much fun no matter what mode of transportation he chooses :).

In addition to the above, Gabriel enjoys clapping, screaming/squealing, rolling/scooting, banging toys together (especially his musical ones), jumping, endless peek-a-boo, eating (this kid LOVES food), sticking his tongue out, launching his toys, and he has four teeth now (two bottom middle and two outer top).


2 comments:

Abbie said...

Adorable and handsome! He's gotten so big! Looks like he's going to skip right to walking! Too cute!

Cindy said...

So cute!! Owen did the army crawl for a while, crawled "normal" briefly and then was walking at 10 months. They grow so fast! Enjoy each phase - each one brings a different delight! :)