CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

12.01.2014

Christmas Card Outtakes!

I have made it an annual tradition to post our Christmas card outtakes on the blog ... here is this year's installment. Since we've moved back to the city, I really wanted our card to capture NYC. There is a great view of the Midtown skyline from the southern end of Central Park, overlooking Wollman ice rink. I picked up Gabriel from school and headed down there straight away, as daylight was quickly fading and my sub-par photography skills worsen with tricky lighting! 

I have to admit that I bribed the boys to cooperate for the "shoot" - with M&Ms, their fave treat! 

















To complicate things it started to rain, so I was under pressure to get a good shot before I ruined the camera and we all got too wet. The boys were good sports to stand in the rain long enough to do this (to be fair it was only slightly more than misting). It started to rain a little more steady so we packed up and ran to an overpass in the park. I called Andy to see where he was on the way home from work. If I could just make it to Columbus Circle, he could meet us there with the car. So I ran pushing Judah in the stroller and Gabriel ran next to me. He was a good sport about it!

We took shelter in the Time Warner Center which was decorated beautifully for Christmas, so the boys were mesmerized by the lights and decorations long enough for us to wait for Andy. 









It's a shame that is was cold and raining because we had planned to take the boys to Winter's Eve at Lincoln Center, where they light up a Christmas tree, have a musical performance, and usually have goodies to hand out like hot cocoa. This is a festival we had taken the boys too several times when we lived in NY before, so we were bummed to miss out on it our first Christmas back due to the weather. Oh well, we have many for Christmas seasons to celebrate in NY!  

No comments: