For the last 6 months I have been trudging through my very last prerequisite class, Biochemistry, before I can start my graduate work at Columbia. This class is a BEAR. It is a really difficult subject that requires me to teach myself because it is online and the instructor has not provided any teaching/lecture materials, just textbook reading assignments. Each of the 10 modules require lengthy essays to demonstrate a good grasp of the material, each of which takes 8-10 hours a piece to craft in addition to the reading time to teach myself, oy. Add on that we have moved twice in the last 6 months and have been in a lot of transition in general, AND I've still been dealing with my broken foot/surgery, etc, and it just makes for a lot of misery. Andy and the boys have been extraordinarily tolerant of my work load and extreme crabbiness about this course. But it.is.over. I completed my final exam today, I think I made the grade I needed to get the final grade I need in the class, and there is much rejoicing in the Goodwin household over completion of this class. Columbia, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment