I wouldn't typically post about the age 2 1/2, but Judah is such a character, your quintessential 2 year old, that I wanted to make sure I always remember this stage of his! This is particularly in such stark contrast to how Gabriel behaved at two. I love that they are so different, it makes enjoying the milestones the second time around even more fun. Just as an example, within about 8 hours of each other Judah managed to get into my mascara and smear it on his face AND get into some markers and color all up and down the hallway in our apartment:

Judah is also the child you will find climbing around on the kitchen counters, standing in the middle of the dining room table, happily dumping water out of the bathtub, or launching himself off the back of a piece of furniture. This is always done with such joy, regardless of how "bad" he is being. We love that he is so adventurous, shows no fear, and will engage with anyone and anything, and yes this makes parenting him a challenge, but that comes with the territory. Every child brings their own challenges. Well, bring it on Judah! Here is also a sampling of his 2 1/2 year old mind:
"I need to go to sleep! I need ice cream! I need coffee!" ... what?!
"I already went pee-pee because I am a MAN!"
Me: "I want a million dollars (jokingly)"
Judah: "Gabriel has a million dollars in his wallet (and goes to get it)"
First unprompted prayer:
"Dear Jesus, thank you for breakfast, for food, and for blessings. Amen" and then "Dear Jesus, thank you for our bible and thank you for the light saber book!"
"Put the hot dog in my lap" ... then "now put it in my mouth!" silly!




No comments:
Post a Comment