CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

3.17.2014

St. Patty's Day

I have very fond memories of celebrating St. Patty's Day with Gabriel by taking him to the historic parade on 5th Ave, so I was excited to continue that tradition with Judah since we are back in NY. It was freezing (FREEZING!) cold, but we decided to brave the weather. NY has experienced an unusually cold winter and today was no exception. We were all bundled up and had blankets, etc, but the cold was intense. We made the long subway ride down to Central Park from Inwood, then crossed through the park to get to 5th. Judah seemed to enjoy the drums the best, utterly enthralled with every set that came by. I think Gabriel favored the policemen and other military service people. They both waved the Irish flags handed out by parade volunteers. We stayed as long as we could stand it, then headed home. 

We actually started the day with green pancakes, which the boys thought was cool. Earlier in the day before the parade we made quick St. Patty's Day treats and I gave the boys a brief (brief!) lesson on who Saint Patrick was and why we celebrate this day. After we returned home from the parade we gave them some of the treats :)










Adding his St. Patty's art to our growing art wall, can you spot the Valentine's Day art, ha!





No comments: